The question for a roadmap was only because of interest what we can expect in the next time. Currently I also can't suggest new big ideas or features. But here are some potential for enhancements:
- [Find/Replace in Files]
- Support find/replace of multiple lines
- Filter "Exclude" should match the whole filename or even the pathname and not only the file extension
- Avoid auto-closing the dialog after searching/replacing (similar behavior to the Find or Replace dialog)
- Don't clear bookmarks at file reloading
- Don't clear bookmark at removing the bookmarked line (rather move the bookmark upwards)
- New option: "Save/Restore bookmarks for recent files" (independent from the session setting)
- Restore the "Read-Only" flag after saving a file that had it before; currently the flag is just removed
- Use original file-type icons also in [Directory View], helpful for a more easier visual distinction
- Automatic refreshing of the [Outliner] during saving a file. Would be very fine!
- External tools/Action pattern => Add "Capture to new document" or/and a button in the [Output Window] to copy the content to a new document with one click
- Extend "Goto File" to search also in Recent history
- Do Undo/Redo blockwise like most of the other editors does it. Related areas should be treated as one block. It can be made configurable for users that like the current behavior.
I know that some of this points are user-specific. But I would very happy to see some of my suggestions in a future release.